Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Well it is now the day after Christmas - and so I thought I would post a few pictures and jot down a few memories. The first memory that comes to mind is after putting the girls to bed on Christmas Eve - I caught Katelyn sneaking down the stairs. My first thought was she was trying to get a peek at some of her gifts. When I asked what she was doing she said she forgot to leave a letter for Santa - and then hurried to her stocking to put a letter inside. After she went upstairs I read the letter - and was surprised to see that it was a "Thank You" letter to Santa. It was the cutest letter thanking him for the presents he was going to leave.

The morning of Christmas - I think the person most excited in the house to get up was Shirley. Not to open her own presents - but just to see the excitement on the little girls. It was actually funny because she woke up at 5am, and told me she was unable to get back to sleep. I told her give me to at least 6. She than woke me up at 6am and said the same. I eventually stumbled out of bed, took a shower, and I believe we woke the girls up at around 6:45 -7am.

The girls got everything they could have ever wanted and more. Everyone was very happy and it was truly a great Christmas. In the afternoon we went to my mom's house for the traditional Christmas Mexican Fiesta. Yum! When we eventually made it home around 7pm - we were all exhausted and went straight to bed. Here are some pictures from our fun filled day.

Here is a picture of the girls in their matching pajamas. This was their first present that they opened on Christmas Eve - and put on that night to go to sleep in. It is so cute to see them all matching. Unfortunately Elin would not stand up for the picture - she was still waking up.

Here are the presents under the tree. On the left you can see the stockings hanging on the stairs. Under the stockings is a letter from Santa for each girl. Santa decided to leave letters for the girls after he saw Katelyn's beautiful Thank You letter she left for him.

This picture was taken a few days before Christmas on Sunday night. Here is Katelyn lying under the Christmas Tree.

This was Sunday night as well. Shirley and I got to talking about our upcoming plans for the next few days while sitting on the stairs after putting the two older girls to bed. Elin, not feeling too good from a cold that she has, started cuddling with Daddy right on the stairs. Shirley thought it very cute and memorable so she grabbed the camera and snapped this shot. There are others that have Elin and I in focus, but I really liked this one because the blur makes it seem like we were in our own little space - which at the time was true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas. Papa and I were always the first ones up on Christmas morning also. There is nothing like watching your children filled with the excitement of Christmas morning!
Mimi

Alisa Larson said...

Wow - I've never heard of having to wake your kids up on Christmas morning - especially b/c the MOM is so excited! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I love the idea Santa left letters for the girls.

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, I love your house and am envious of your winding stairs and wrought iron staircase! What a beautiful story about Katelyn and the thank you letter. I picture that being part of a movie. And I love their pajamas. You are a great father and I can tell you just love all your girls!