Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Elin's Birthday

Elin celebrated her 2nd birthday on August 9th with a party here at our house. Shirley went all out and made food for a bunch of friends and family that came over. It was a great time. Couple of funny memories.
  1. When we sang Happy Birthday, Elin was grumpy but really did not know what to think. The moment we all sang her name, she burst into tears and started crying aloud. After that she would not blow out the candle. Anabelle asked if she could, and when permission was given, Elin cried even louder after the candle was blown out. We ended up relighting it and letting her blow it out.

  2. When she was opening presents, she was fascinated with the toys and shoes. But when it came to opening any clothes she quickly wanted to move on. Typical kid I guess.
The party was great, and we thank all those who came! Here are some pics.

Strawberry Shortcake Cake for our little Strawberry Dayley.

Elin and her friend Natalia. They both love playing together.

Here are the two sitting in front of the incredible cake Shirley made. Not only did it look fantastic but it also tasted extremely good.

Here is a picture of Elin just after everyone said her name as we were singing Happy Birthday to her. When she realized it was her party, she wanted nothing to do with it. "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want."

Elin loved the presents.

Here we are after the birthday party as a family. Yes I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt - no making fun of me. I was diggin it!

Anabelle found a new friend during the party. Our neighbor and good friend Mark. In fact later in the week when we were talking about baby names, she said she wanted to name the baby Mark. Anabelle also loves Mark's wife Clarissa - they both are so nice to her.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Trevor, Clint loves to wear his hawaiin shirt randomly too. I always give him a hard time about it. Happy Birhtday to Elin! It's crazy how fast they grow!

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Elin! What a beautiful cake. Ammon reacted the same way on his birthday. He has missed his nap and wasn't the happiest kid that day. The pictures are beautiful though!