When I went outside to get something from the car I noticed a blinking red light in the sky. I quickly called the girls out and said, "Look, look there is Santa in the sky." Katelyn quickly responded, "Dad - don't be silly, that's a plane." "Oh, my bad," I added.
The girls heard Santa's jingle bells outside their window. Unfortunately I did not, as in the other room at the time. But Shirley got their reaction on video - super cute!
A secret Santa left a bunch of gifts for our girls and baby Kash the night before. I look forward to someday being able to do this for other families. It sure brings us joy to know someone is doing something that kind for us.
About three hours after tucking the girls in bed I peeked in and noticed Anabelle had kicked her bed covers off. I walked in and grabbed the blankets to cover her back up. Katelyn opened her eyes, and asked, "Did Santa come already?" After answering, "not yet," she went on to tell me how she was unable to sleep because she was so excited. That reminded me of my day's as a child, on Christmas Eve.
While unwrapping presents, Katelyn says - "Dad, look Santa uses the same gift wrapping paper as us."
Everytime Elin opened a present she would say, "Oh look Mom, this is my favorite..."
Katelyn wrapped up a potatoe and gave it to Anabelle as a joke gift. Anabelle's face was hysterical when she unwrapped it. Katelyn had another gift for her for real.

No comments:
Post a Comment