Thursday, December 18, 2008

Google Search

This evening Katelyn was working on the computer. Later after she was done I went in to use the computer and clicked on the open Internet Browser tab. There I saw an article that Katelyn had been reading which I thought was just so cute - it was titled: "10 Great Christmas Gifts for your Dad that He'll Love." If that wasn't cute enough I went ahead and hit the back button to see what else she might have been looking at and it went to the Google Search results page with the name of the search Katelyn had conducted, "What can you make for a christmas present to give to your dad?" When I first read it, it kind of made me laugh, and a huge smile filled my face. Now as I write it here, it makes me a little emotional just thinking about how sweet it is of her to be trying to come up with something nice that she can make for Dad for Christmas... I love my little girls!

Here is the screen shot for her search:

How cute is that? My little Kiki is truly amazing with a huge heart when it comes to helping others.

Another thing that was sweet of her, was that I gave her $10 to spend at her school because they were having a holiday sale or sorts to raise money for the PTO. There Katelyn bought little gifts for her two younger sisters. Each got a little teddy bear (Monkey for Anabelle, Elephant for Elin), a lip gloss, lip makeup, and a hair clip with a big flower. When I asked Katelyn if she got anything for herself - she looked at me with her big eyes, and said, "No Dad its Christmas time - time when we get gifts to give to others." I thought that was cute as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Shirley have set such wonderful examples for your children that it's no wonder our sweet Katelyn is so giving. She really has the spirit of Christmas and is teaching her little sisters how much fun it is to think of others by her example. Please tell her how much I love her.
Carol (Mimi)

Alisa Larson said...

How sweet! Doesn't it give you hope when they do something like this?