Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'll Miss Ya Grandma!

Christmas Morning I got a call from my brother Ryan. In tears he told me the tragic news that my grandmother had passed away. My mom went to visit her Christmas morning and to drop off some gifts for her, when she discovered her. The medical examiner said it was a result of coronary artery disease (which is the number one killer of Americans - a.k.a. heartattack). I was so sorry to hear the news, and chose to refrain from letting my girls know until later in the afternoon after they had a chance to unwrap and play with their presents. I then left to spend the rest of the day with my mom, and help out the family however I could. I was so sorry to see my grandma go, but at the same time I have this great peace that she is comfortable where she is now. She was such a hard worker in this life, that I know she never really gave herself a rest, and I feel like she is finally getting that time for herself. I can just see her so happy reuniting with Grandpa George, with this huge embrace and so happy to finally be back with him after over 32 years apart. I'll miss you Grandma - but I am so happy for you and know you are at peace and full of joy.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is never easy losing the people we love, no matter how old they are. My condolences to you and your family.